On being asked to speculate as to the cause, firefighter Alysia Octavia had the following statement to make:
"The fire was caused by what appears to be an accidental gas leak with old faulty pipes. The gas ignited and the building caught fire quickly. Luckily, the fire was contained within the building and was put out without any damage to surrounding areas".
We at the Times would like to once again take this opportunity to thank our brave firefighters for the wonderful job they do in ensuring the safety of the island and all that live on it. A slight increase in the training budget wouldn't hurt though.