In many ways, Asphyxiation Point is a new experiment in Second Life Role-play. For those of you who have explored the SIM, you would have noticed how the build transitions seamlessly from run-down and seedy to upscale and outright classy. These Neighborhoods weren't accidental. They were purely by design. We wanted to give role-players a home irrespective of what kind of character they want to play. Truly exciting and immerse story-lines are born when you run into a character completely different from your own. Straddling the class divide was the means we latched onto to encourage this diversity.
Diversity however is not determined by the build alone. At the end of the day, diversity is about people. It is about how you play your character and what kind of character you play. Please be mindful of what neighborhood you are in when you are role-playing there and how the local population there would expect you to behave. Asking for a vintage drink in lower town will probably get you laughed at. Yelling and cussing in upper town will probably get your thrown out. Please be aware of the consequences before you engage in a certain type of role-play.
We will however attempt to keep the amount of conflict in check. Conflict based RP is exciting and invigorating but it also tends to overwhelm other kinds of role-play. And our goal from the very beginning was to support ALL kinds of roleplay. As a result, conflict in Asphyxiation Point will be managed via a limited number of Factions. Unlike other SIMs, these factions in turn will be tied to the neighborhoods they are based out of. A group of three or more business owners in the same neighborhood can put forward a faction application starting early April. These factions can be gangs, the mafia or simply a business conglomerate for mutual gain. There are no random mayhem gangs in Asphyxiation Point. It takes time for organized crime to gain foothold in a new place. Please take the time to role-play it out.
Changes on SIM
- The SIM Laws have been updated. Notably the combat and vehicles sections.
- The procedure for finding jobs and leading a business has been streamlined / explained.
- 8 new houses have been built in upper-town.
- Prim only rentals have been put down in the garage opposite the police department. These are targeted specifically towards those wanting to rez vehicles on SIM.
- We have approved more than 100 citizenship applications and are close to 100% rental occupancy even with all the new housing. If you rent more than one property on SIM, please give them up so that another role-player can move on SIM. One house and one business is okay.