Asphyxiation Point opened its doors to the public on 2/22/2015. Since then we have been the fastest growing roleplay SIMs on Second Life with close to 1800 members in the main Asphyxiation Point group. That's an average increase of 300 group members per month or 10 group members a day !!!
We the admin team can by no means take credit for these amazing numbers. At the end of the day it is you - the roleplayers - who flesh the SIM out, give it character, and draw other roleplayers in. If you hadn't been such a great group we wouldn't have been able to drive and sustain this growth. Through your efforts, we are not just attracting folks from other roleplay SIMs, we are engaging folks who have never roleplayed in SL.
So yes... Firstly, a big THANK YOU to all of you !
But there is always room for feedback, always room for improvement, so we always want to hear from you. We are always available to talk to inworld but its easy to get bogged down with day-to-day activities when doing so. What we would like today is to hear what you love about Asphyxiation Point and how we can make Asphyxiation Point even more exciting.
Some of the areas we have already identified are :
- Admin coverage : Please visit the Help Page for the latest list of admins. The list does change so please keep referring back when looking for assistance.
- Businesses : Most of the businesses on SIM now have active and steady leads. If you are a steady roleplayer on SIM, please consider applying too!
- Factions : The neighborhood restriction has been lifted. Any three business leads may now apply to form a faction. Factions will be approved based on level of activity.
- Events : This is one area where we feel we are lagging behind. If you are interested in organizing something, please reach out to the admin team. You wont be alone doing it. Our staff are more then willing to help in anyway possible.
- Rentals : We have steadily added new rentals since opening. Please sign up for notifications as apartments come up for rent every week.
- Rules : The rules have been simplified, streamlined and augmented since opening. Please take the time to browse through if you haven't done so in a while.
- Lag : For those of you on older / ultra portable machines, the increased activity on SIM may be lagging you out. We hope the recently added Lag Guide will help !
Once again, we can not thank you all enough for making Asphyxiation Point what it is.
We hope the next 6 months go as well as the first!, we can't do it without you!